I have the chance to work remote and recently circumstances aligned to a point where there’s nothing holding me to a particular place (no girlfriend/wife/kids, family is okay, no fix monthly costs like rent, no debts, etc).
So, I’m thinking of travelling for an entire year, staying no more than one month at each place/area, in order to learn/live/experience more and improve myself.
I’m in my late 20s and I feel this is an unique chance before having to settle down. Also this was never a possibility before, but as I said, due to circumstances of life things now just aligned in this direction.
I’m from Europe and I would be constrained to a 2000€/month budget. Starting date June, since I still have to take care of some stuff and make arrangements. For accommodation, I think the safest/easiest choice would be airbnb.
My interests are many and varied. I would like to:
- Improve my Italian/French/Spanish language skills.
- Learn how to Snowboard.
- Improve my Scuba Diving experience by getting an Advanced Open Water and then a Master certificate.
- Improve my Boxe/Kickboxing skills.
- Learn how to Dance, no style in particular but something more towards partner dancing (e.g. Learn Tango in Argentina).
First stop is already decided. It will be Prague for June.
Then I was thinking this itinerary for the following months:
- Poland (Warsaw?) – July
- France (beach city) – August
- Spain (beach city)- September
- Greece (beach city/islands hoping) – October
- Italy – November
- Lithuania OR Estonia OR Letonia – December
- Indonesia – January
- Japan – February
- Australia OR New Zealand – March
- Argentina – April
- Cuba – May
Other destinations I consider are Croatia, Slovenia, Moldavia, Ukraine, Berlin and Moscow.
So what I’m reaching you guys for is to:
- Ask for your opinions/input/feedback/suggestions.
- Recommendations of the best places to do what is in my list above (e.g. cheapest places/cities to learn how to snowboard or best/most traditional places to learn how to dance a particular style).
- Other suggestions. If you could (or did) something similar, what did/would you do? What would you add to my list of things to learn/improve and to my list of countries?
- Recommendations of cities, itineraries, etc.
I really hope to get some cool ideas from the shared experience of this community 🙂